Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Skin care and WHO I TRUST mine with....

There was a time when I bought what was on sale on the drug store shelves when it came to my skin care.
You know the popular ones like Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, Oil Of Olay..... you name the product, I've used it.

Now, keep in mind, I was in my early twenties and my skin was pretty OK as is.

Now that I'm (cough cough) not in my early twenties anymore I need to pay a bit more attention to the care I give my skin, especially with the amount of sweating that goes in with my workouts and deep obsession with the Infra Red Sauna .

I discovered this product by mistake when I needed some tinted moisturizer and had ran out, I tried my room mates bathroom.

To my pleasure, I found a tube of DERMALOGICA tinted moisturizer, and from that moment I was hooked.
I workout DAILY, and on top of that sweat bath, I spend 45-60 minutes in an infra red sauna and so my skin is constantly being put under pressure.
I was experiencing my WORST SKIN YET about 2 months ago and after my 'switch over' to the Dermalogica line, NO JOKE, 4 days in and I was CLEAR!!!!
HOOKED AGAIN!!! and STRONGER :)

I wanted to learn more........ Here is what I found and why ALL I use now, from morning through the day into the night, is Dermalogica.

To begin, the entire line contains no artificial fragrance or color, good for the skin and especially sensitive types.

The products that I use on a daily basis are a PRE CLEANSE, CLEANSING GEL, SHEER TINT and an OVERNIGHT CLEARING GEL.



Below is a detailed explanation of each.
PreCleanse:( i LOVE this product)


A lightweight Olive and Apricot Kernel-based cleansing oil, fortified with Kukui Nut, Borage Seed and Rice Bran oils, that gently liquefies sebum and oil-based debris from the skin’s surface. The hydrophilic (water-loving) formula enables PreCleanse and oil-based debris to be readily rinsed away without leaving behind any greasy residue. Follow with prescribed Dermalogica Cleanser for a thorough double cleansing. In my words it basically breaks down all the stuff on your face so make-up, bronzer, sunscreens, sebum, sweat, etc, and then it allows your skin to be cleansed by your favorite Dermalogica Cleanser which in your case is Special Cleansing Gel. It is perfect for all skin types especially oil/acne prone skin as it really helps clean the skin. 

Special Cleansing Gel:


A concentrated, soap-free, foaming gel designed to thoroughly remove impurities without disturbing the skin’s natural moisture balance. Perfect for all skin types especially combination skin which the majority of people have. Balm Mint & Lavender extract help cool & sooth skin

Sheer Tint: (comes in Light, Medium, Dark & No Tint)


Sheer Tint Moisture SPF15 is a convenient, three-in-one product: a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer, a sheer color wash and sun protection. For those who prefer no tint, Sheer Moisture SPF15 also provides hydrating, non-greasy moisture and SPF15 protection with a sheer wash of color. The wonderful thing about this product is its protecting your skin from further sun damage, and not only does it improve your skin texture as a moisturizer it is also giving you just a hint of color for a little extra glow......This is my GO TO for face 'make up' with the occasional light powder to rid myself of any sheen.

Overnight Clearing Gel:


An overnight treatment that helps clear skin, calm inflammation and prevent future breakouts by reducing excess sebum and impaction plugs that contribute to congestion. Basically clears breakouts, prevents future breakouts, cleans out congested pores.....while this product is great for acne/breakout prone skin, it is also a fantastic product for those of us that have hormonal breakouts at a certain time of the month or just in case a breakout happens for another reason....it helps speed up the healing process without cause more breakouts. You can spread a line layer over the entire face after cleansing or just areas depending on your situation....best part is it isn't drying or irritating so works on the sensitive of 

skin types.


I have shopped exclusively for my products at  Chatters, Mayfair Mall for the last year, and am always 
blown away at the knowledge the staff and management have on the WHOLE line.


What's really GREAT about shopping for the product at CHATTERS, is the massive selection of travel sized or jumbo sized products. You can even buy a sample pack of all you will need to transform your skin for the FRACTION of the cost.


I highly recommend if anyone is looking for a new skin care line, or even someone to ask the important questions to, to pop in and ask for Lesley Martel.
She's my skin lady and I love her :)

1 comment:

  1. this is a great line! It was what I was introduced to in cosmetology school. they have a rice based facial exfoliate that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete