Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pancake on a plan ~

Oatmeal Pancake topped with Plain Greek Yogurt & cinnamon

This photo represents my  EVERYDAY!!!

For the last 7 years, I can honestly say that THIS photo has been my staple  MEAL ONE for 90% of the time..................

THIS, friends is my OATMEAL PANCAKE, and she really has MANY faces......

The base is always the same:

1/4C oats - Women
1/2C oats - Men
2-3 egg whites
dash Chia seeds
dash Cinnamon
            2 inches worth of mashed banana
             + 1 heaping Tbsp spoon of your choice of "WET" ingredient

Now, where things get CRAZY..... is with the addition of the "WET"
WET ingredients come in many different forms........ examples are:

-Pureed Pumpkin
-Cottage Cheese
-0% fat Greek yogurt ( i chose plain)
-Unsweetened Apple sauce
-coconut milk

This is MY PERSONAL GO-TO:

1/4C oats
dash cinnamon + Chia seeds
2 inches mashed banana
1 HEAPING Tbsp Pumpkin (or greek yogurt is a close second)
2 egg whites
AANNNNND when I'm really feeling good I'll toss in a sprinkle of CAROB CHIPS......Why Carob??



Once everything is mixed together, continue cooking like a normal pancake, watch to not OVERCOOK this beauty...... you'll ruin it:(

I prefer to make mine the night before, store in the fridge, covered, and enjoy it cold in the am as my MEAL ONE.

However I will generally have it warm on a Sunday morning, as it allows my topping of choice ( this day its usually Almond butter) to melt...delicious:)

There really are like I said SO MANY faces to this pancake, as long as you have the base, you can add whatever you like. Some like it sweet, some like it savory.....Do what Mom always told us not to

PLAY WITH YOUR FOOD~

There is another HIGH protein, LOW carb version of the pancake which I will share with you shortly.....
Happy cooking~
Loves 
~Ky xo



No comments:

Post a Comment