Friday, February 17, 2012

CARB FRIENDLY RICE???? Welcome Cauliflower Rice

I first found this recipe via my beautiful friend   Amy Layne 
(www.damyhealth.com) but have added to and played with it to bring it into my weekly food prep in multiple flavours.........




There are a few different versions to do this, once you have mastered it you can adjust and play around to fit your need.

1 HEAD CAULIFLOWER -
I use a cheese grater and grate the whole thing down...YES It gets messy!!!
1 SMALL ONION
-finely chopped and sauteed as you are grating the cauliflower
1+ GARLIC CLOVES
-minced and added in mid way






















THIS IS THE BASE..... add in flavours and spices of choice... ( dill, chipotle, curry etc)


You can keep it simple with just the onion, garlic and cauliflower and from here you can even make PIZZA CRUST 
( See Damyhealth.com for Amy's how to) 

ORRRRRRRR

Make it a meal and add in all the vegetables in your fridge like I do and feed an army!!!


I add chopped zucchini, broccoli, carrot, spinach, peppers, mushroom etc........ and I have the base to my next 3-4 meals......
If you get bored with flavours, I would recommend keeping the BASE separate ( the 'fried cauliflower) and having you vegetables in a separate container. This way you can add in different flavours for each meal.


Just a side note that there are only 28 calories in ONE CUP of cauliflower....... 
This HONEST TO GOD is GUILT FREE my friends

~Ky
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment